Izmir, Izmir
Not resolved
9 comments

yamaha R1 2007 Flywheel

Dear yamaha ,

I am writing to tell you that and I am delighted to announce that… i love you so much yamaha and my bike but I am very unhappy damaged engine my bike is yamaha 2007 model Yamaha R1 Flywheel magnet broken. The manufacturing company, Yamaha, has dealt with this problem by constructing in 2014 a new and improved version of the same product, under new part number code, accepting in this way – though entirely informally - the defectiveness of the original product. This can be construed as a major threat to the rider since it may well happen in an unsuspected time, without any prior warning or indication. Therefore, it might as well be considered a lethal threat as it is likely to occur while a motorcycle is on the move, regardless of speed, or even worse, on incline. If that doesn’t sound, scary, we don’t know what else could! It is also true that this phenomenon has reached epic proportions nowadays, since a disappointing 30% of the yzf r1 owners has dealt with this specific problem. The remaining 70% is most likely to face the very same problem any time now. At this point, it must be mentioned and noted that the specific part is an integral part of the motorcycle’s engine and it is neither, in any way, subject to the rider’s handling of the motorcycle nor it requires maintenance in any case. This is mainly the reason why this malfunction-damage must be considered of vital importance as it renders the motorcycle unsafe!

For all the reasons mentioned above, we consider that the issue that has arisen with the defective rotor assy is Yamaha’s responsibility and therefore we demand:

1. The immediate recall of all models (Fz1 2006+, Fz8, R1 2004 – 2008), where the specific product has been placed during either at the manufacturing stage or at the repair-maintenance one (code: 5VY-81450-00-00) and its replacement with the new and improved product (code: 2SH-81450-00-00).

2. The compensation of the owners who have suffered such damage and have been burdened with the cost of its repair. (The repair cost only for the rotor assy, amounts to roughly 600 euros while on the other hand, if the damage affects the coils as well, the cost escalates to 1200 euros!)

To conclude, this recall procedure, originates from the and aims to resolve this issue, the so-called rotor assy epidemic, devoid of any personal benefit but simply for the riders’ safety. Please take into consideration that we have all chosen Yamaha for its integrity and reliability and therefore aim to extend this partnership in the future as well. It would be disappointed to lose our trust towards a company that we ourselves have so willingly supported.

quix206@gmail.com

phone Number +90505 361 63 52

Product or Service Mentioned: 2007 Yamaha Motor Yzf-r1 Motorcycle.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review

Comments

You will be automatically registered on our site. Username and password will be sent to you via email.
Post Comment
Anonymous
#1713575

My 2006 fz1 has experienced the same problem while on a road trip. Leaving my wife and I stranded in the desert for three hours waiting on a tow.

Anonymous
#1702619

Here here!

Anonymous
#1545681

Disgusting that they do not recal from 04-08 every singel one has the problem. Bad after sales service.

Factory fault the consumer is not liable to pay for there fault. My last yamaha I will ever buy and the dealer service was poor.

Anonymous
#1545683
@Anonymous

Frictionbrake@gmail.com if any news

Anonymous
#1519567

I am having to have my flywheel replaced for a second time due to the magnets shattering. Really not happy as it is a product fault

Anonymous
#1519126

pienamente ragione !! errore enorme della yamaha

Anonymous
#1517784

I bought my 07 r1 new and it's been unbelievably reliable. Until the generator rotor just flew apart and there's magnets and plastic all in my motor I just know it's not gonna last long now there's no way to get all the pieces out.

I now know this has been a huge problem for many years, but I'm just now finding out about it AFTER mine flew apart. at the very least they coulda sent us a damn letter saying hey u better change this.

I love Yamaha but this is bs. But I agree with everything dude said in this

Anonymous
#1317729

Yamaha should recall all07 08 magneto flywheel

Anonymous
#1517659
@Jose mejias

I have bike in service now with same issue. R1 2007Almost crushed in pieces when engine stopped working due to fly wheel broken inside.Repair is over 800 pounds out of my pocket.

What do you advise?I took some pictures of fly wheel . It’s unbelievable how it broke.Giogeorge23@gmail.com