Huntsville, Alabama

2003 model with less than 200 hours and blew #2 piston.It overheated and wiped the rings so I had zero compression in #2.

I had it re-sleeved, injectors flow checked and the #2 injector replaced. 20 hours later #3 piston does the same thing? Why is this engine so finicky? Many people have had this re-occurring issue as I understand.

I pulled the diagnostics from the computer and the High pressure pump is fine. the only alarm codes are from overheating but the buzzer never gets a chance to go off before the engine shuts down.

i think Yamaha should recall these engines and repair the problem.if they know what is causing the issue then they should send out a bulletin so people like me do not continue to waste money trying to fix a bad engine design!

Review about: Yamaha Hpdi 225.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Yamaha Motor Boat Engine
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $2500
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Yamaha Motor?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Nissan Usa - Trade in Value disguised as a Buyback for known corroded Strut Mount defect Nissan Usa "I purchased a Nissan Pathfinder New form Nissan. Based on my experience with a previous certified pre owned Nissan that I retired after 237K miles, I expected more that 133K..." Read more North Shore Classics - Steal Car Ads from Private Parties on Craigslist North Shore Classics "This dealership steals pictures and ads from Craigslist of vehicles of private parties and lists them as their consignment cars! They have NO contract with the owners and they then..." Read more Ch Trailer - Purchased faulty 2017 Ch Camper - unsafe and shoddy workmanship Ch Trailer "Delivery Timeline: - August 2, 2016 - Deposit of $2,500 paid. - March 6, 2017 - After multiple construction delays, camper was picked up and on the road to Utah...." Read more Yamaha Motor - TDM 900 mirrors Yamaha Motor "I have a problem with the left and right of the mirror on Yamaha TDM 900 2012/11, both mirrors have a large stain that we really bother driving, I know..." Read more Spiritual Quest - Got this Great salt lighting kit, salt wall portable if you will? Spiritual Quest "viewed online this salt wall - funny to say but the wall is made up of over a dozen or so components called salt blocks or bricks - it includes..." Read more VM Innovations - False Advertising VM Innovations "I purchased a pool on Walmarts website and when I was checking out it told me that I would receive my pool by the 22nd of June. I was given..." Read more Enterprise Rent A Car - Your Paso Robles office is nethical and lacks professionalism and is rightly being accused of bullying Enterprise Rent A Car "Students agree! Enterprise is unethical and lacks professionalism and is rightly being accused of bullying, lack of ethics and discrimination! They lied and bullied a Latino student, who was a..." Read more Rudelyns Sari Sari Store - Poor Packaging and Poor Service Rudelyns Sari Sari Store "I'm surprised that some people even got responses! I emailed on multiple occasions, and never even recieved 1 back. Due to this and the amount of time it was taking..." Read more