2003 model with less than 200 hours and blew #2 piston.It overheated and wiped the rings so I had zero compression in #2.
I had it re-sleeved, injectors flow checked and the #2 injector replaced. 20 hours later #3 piston does the same thing? Why is this engine so finicky? Many people have had this re-occurring issue as I understand.
I pulled the diagnostics from the computer and the High pressure pump is fine. the only alarm codes are from overheating but the buzzer never gets a chance to go off before the engine shuts down.
i think Yamaha should recall these engines and repair the problem.if they know what is causing the issue then they should send out a bulletin so people like me do not continue to waste money trying to fix a bad engine design!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Yamaha Hpdi 225
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have a new 2014 FLHXS Street Glide special with less than 5,000 miles on it. The other day I had a blowout on the freeway and pulled over..."
- "I put my bike away using the 'breathable' cover supplied with the $37,000 CVO Harley Davidson. When I removed the cover in March there was damage all over the bike...."
- "I purchased a 2012 Dyna Super Glide Custom on 04/17/12 and went to pick up the tags and registration on 05/04/12 at Rommels HD in Smyrna, DE. This is an..."
- "I was very upset when our Turkey Dress TUTU (shirt) arrived. Seems like they only took the extra effort to make the shirt posted look super cute. The *** that..."
- "I paid Castle $60 on 7/21/3016 and ORHP sent another guy 7/30/2016 (atkins) because Castle DID NOTHING and they charged me $60 for same job and refuse to refund my..."
- "My Husband and I called Blue World Pool for the economy pool, and decided to go with the financed pool due to the fact that we did not want to..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."