Huntsville, Alabama

2003 model with less than 200 hours and blew #2 piston.It overheated and wiped the rings so I had zero compression in #2.

I had it re-sleeved, injectors flow checked and the #2 injector replaced. 20 hours later #3 piston does the same thing? Why is this engine so finicky? Many people have had this re-occurring issue as I understand.

I pulled the diagnostics from the computer and the High pressure pump is fine. the only alarm codes are from overheating but the buzzer never gets a chance to go off before the engine shuts down.

i think Yamaha should recall these engines and repair the problem.if they know what is causing the issue then they should send out a bulletin so people like me do not continue to waste money trying to fix a bad engine design!

Review about: Yamaha Hpdi 225.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Yamaha Motor Boat Engine
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $2500
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Yamaha Motor?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Porsche Cars North America - Spend $100K on a Porsche that "leaks" Porsche Cars North America "...I do not know about the rest of the civilized world, but I've NEVER had a car leak in a rainstorm..." Read more Yamaha Motor - INCOMPETENT SERVICE TECHNICIAN BY A YAMAHA DEALER IN LAS PINAS CITY PHILIPPINES Yamaha Motor "Oct. 17, 2014 I had my Yamaha YBR125 serviced for Preventive Maintenance. Mechanic in Tres Hermanas Motors Corp (Phils) made adjustments on the Iddling and Air Pressure that made my..." Read more Yamaha Motor - TDM 900 mirrors Yamaha Motor "I have a problem with the left and right of the mirror on Yamaha TDM 900 2012/11, both mirrors have a large stain that we really bother driving, I know..." Read more Vinrecordsonline Com - Fraud alert Vinrecordsonline Com "Charged $18.95 a mont for six months. Never received a bill, never an email or anything from this group. I had signed out as a guest. Not creating an account...." Read more Keystone Rv - Front cap fading Keystone Rv "I have contacted Keystone several times, published to story in Trailer Life, contacted the dealer twice, and they also contacted Keystone. Basically, the feedback was no warranty, no repair. I..." Read more Forest River - Refused Warranty Repair for my Roof Forest River "In January of 2016 we sold our house and purchased a 5th wheel RV from Buddy Gregg. The sales experience was a good one with lots of promises such as..." Read more Truebill Inc - Truebill.com Scam Truebill Inc "The main reason why I downloaded this app was to cancel unwanted subscriptions. After a month of "canceling" the subscriptions, I was still being billed out by the companies! I..." Read more TruGreen nightmare Trugreen "I am paying way to much for poor service! All I wanted was the crab grass killed and they couldn't even do that. Scott's was bought out by TruGreen and..." Read more