Huntsville, Alabama

2003 model with less than 200 hours and blew #2 piston.It overheated and wiped the rings so I had zero compression in #2.

I had it re-sleeved, injectors flow checked and the #2 injector replaced. 20 hours later #3 piston does the same thing? Why is this engine so finicky? Many people have had this re-occurring issue as I understand.

I pulled the diagnostics from the computer and the High pressure pump is fine. the only alarm codes are from overheating but the buzzer never gets a chance to go off before the engine shuts down.

i think Yamaha should recall these engines and repair the problem.if they know what is causing the issue then they should send out a bulletin so people like me do not continue to waste money trying to fix a bad engine design!

Review about: Yamaha Motor Boat Engine.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Yamaha Motor?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

CCC Information Services - Vehicle Undervaluation CCC Information Services "I know that CCC Information Services Inc still practices unfair market valuation for vehicles. CCC Information Services has been involved in lawsuits and settlements in the past for under-valuing customers..." Read more Denial of extended warranty on Toyota Prius could could be a safety and liability issue of Toyota Toyota "In recent Consumer Reports, the second generation Prius has shown to have issues with the electrical reliability of the vehicle despite its overall high reliability ratings. As an owner of..." Read more Thor Motor Coach - Wiper Motor Problems By Wexco Serious Safety Issue Should Be A Recall!!! Thor Motor Coach "To whom it may concern, I had a very bad experience driving down the Interstate and ran into some rain I turned my windshield wipers on and the driver side wiper went..." Read more 2016 Fleetwood Rv Jamboree Rv Review from Denver, Colorado Fleetwood RV "2016 fleetwood jamboree sport 26 foot. Was to be my retirement home. Purchased march 31st 2016. To date Sept 4 3016 have been nowhere. Lots of small issues initially then..." Read more State Farm Insurance - 2 claims over 2 years didn't renew State Farm Insurance "I received a call from state farm advising me they will not renew my coveage i was dissapointed. My 1st claim was 400.00 2nd one was slab leak. Est 12,000.00..." Read more Nu Look Autobody repair in Norcross GA.  Awful work, Horrible attitudes! Nu Look Autobody "I had the Nu Look autobody repair the damaged rear-end of my mustang. The damage was about $2500.00. After weeks they told it was complete. I saw it and immediately..." Read more Mary Kay - Ripoff Mary Kay " I recently purchased the attached product (crme to powder foundation) from a Mary Kay representative that I work with. I was very surprised when I saw the miniscule amount..." Read more Lazada Philippines - Order Cancellation? Lazada Philippines "Just now, I checked the status of my order. The status of the order I placed was cancelled. What's confusing here is I DID NOT CANCEL MY ORDER IN THE..." Read more